Fuck the Dealer (also referred to as “Screw the Dealer” or “F the Dealer”)
Here is a great card game to play with as few as three friends and up to as many as you want. I’m pretty sure there are some slight variations to the drinking details. I think it depends on the area of the country where it’s being played. Or it could be based on the level of pre-dinking that has occurred prior to playing the game, but in any event getting totally wasted is the end result and that is always a good time.
The most important part is to get everyone on board with the exact rules you will all follow so there aren’t any mid game quarrels.
Fuck the Dealer is a drinking card game based around well, fucking the dealer, aka getting them more drunk than you are. Don’t freak out, the same person isn’t the dealer the whole way through the game so you will absolutely get your chance to take a few drinks.
So let’s start with the essential equipment for your evening of card playing entertainment. It’s pretty easy: a deck of cards, a lot of beer and the ability to sit together in a circle like at a table or on the floor if that works for you. I’m thinking that there may be a rare kind of weird person that says they don’t’ “like” beer. I’m not one to discriminate when it comes to fun so Iwould say that an alcoholic substitute could be appropriate. That being said, a beverage with a significantly higher alcohol percentage will put them at an extreme disadvantage. Maybe have a disclaimer ready for them to sign. I mean really just drink the beer. It’s not all about you.
Ok so here’s what we’ve got, a group of enthusiastic friends sitting together in a circle each with a full cup of beer (or your preferred beverage) and a deck of cards. Now, let’s learn how to play.
Fuck The Dealer Drinking Game Rules
- Shuffle the cards. Each player draws one card.
- The player with the lowest-numbered card is assigned as the Dealer. Note: the card values are 2 is low, Jack is 11, Queen is 12, King is 13, and Ace is 14.
- The Dealer retrieves all the cards and shuffles
- The Dealer asks the player to their left to guess the top card. If they are correct, the Dealer drinks four drinks. If they are wrong, the Dealer tells them if they are higher or lower and the person makes another guess. The Dealer then puts that card face up on the table. If the player is correct, the dealer drinks two drinks. If the player is wrong, they drink the difference between their guess and the actual card value.
- Play continues around the circle until the deck is completely used up.
- If 3 consecutive players fail to correctly guess the top card, the Dealer switches to the next person to the left.
So gather up some friends and find a reason to party, because this is a great way to laugh off the week and blow off some steam. Play on!